Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Necklaces!!

I was taking some random item to Jessica's bedroom and noticed she had been hanging all of her necklaces on the lamp shade of the lamp on her nightstand. Pretty good idea really BUT she has quite a few and the poor lamp shade was really getting crowded. So...I asked her if she wanted to make a necklace board and after explaining to her what it was, she was all for it. I already had most everything we would need so off we went to make this new way to hold all of her necklaces and even some braclets. We doubled some core board, covered it with some curtain fabric I had kept after having to change the curtains in the living room because of a certain cat (that's another story for another time), lastly we added some ribbon just to snazz it up a little. I had purchased some cute push pins in several different colors and then we were ready to hang the jewelry. Pretty nifty, huh? I know, no one says "nifty" anymore but it gets my point across. Now I think I am going to have to make one for me.
I am linking to abeachcottage for her party.

No comments:

Post a Comment