Thursday, February 21, 2013

OK, now I'm ready for spring

I love the changing seasons. The excitement of planting new plants and watching the old ones come back to life in spring; the kids swimming and all the great vegetables of the summer (even though it gets really, really you-can't-go-outside-because-it-is-too-hot); the slightly cooler temps with all the
wonderful colors of fall; and even the cold of the winter. I love to have a fire in the fireplace and keeping all cozy while eating some good vegetable soup.
And I like to be able to tell it is one season or the other not just having the same temp all year. If I wanted that I would live on the beach somewhere. BUT the weather here is starting to blur as in staying warm all the time. We used to get wonderful snows several times during the winter but now if we get just a few inches one time a year we are doing good. Yesterday we finally got the great-big-snowflake kind of snow that I love. It was great and now that we have had a good snow.........I'm ready for spring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so agree we are so ready for Spring also. I am really excited to plant our garden.

    ReplyDelete