Wednesday, April 27, 2011

David Wilkerson

A great man of God got to meet Jesus today. David Wilkerson has been an influence in my life and my husband's life since we were in our very early twenties. The movie "The Cross and The Switchblade" was the first movie my husband ever saw in a movie theater which protrayed Rev. Wilkerson's ministry in New York City and he has been a hero of sorts to Gary ever since. In our early days of ministry, Gary and I brought in many Christian music artists for concerts and conferences. One of the conferences we sponsored was with David Wilkerson and Dallas Holm. It was amazing. Something Gary nor I have never forgotten. Rev. Wilkerson passed away this afternoon in Texas. He was killed in a car accident. I pray for his wife who is in critical condition and for his family. Gwen, his wife, has faced so much in her life with all of the bouts with cancer and I know she will face this with God's grace as well. Jesus, cover this family with your love, with your grace and with your mercies. Love them, embrace them and comfort them.

No comments:

Post a Comment