Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finally I am going to post some random pics of Christmas with my family. But before I do, I want to share something I found on another blog, one that I follow. This is from the SAH Missionary blog. Instead of making New Year's resolutions she has made goals for this year. I want to adopt these and hope you will too. Here they are:

1. To see less of myself and more of Christ (ideally, none of myself!). To exchange my flesh for the controlling of His Holy Spirit...daily. That when people encounter me, that it would be Jesus they see and not me.

2. To sit at His feet daily, savoring and soaking in.

3. To spend less time using TV or other things to relax, in exchange for more time in prayer.

4. To break habits of running to wordly things when I am stressed or worried (mainly food ), and instead bring all of my worry to Him.

5. To care not at all what the world and friends think of me, being concerned if they think I'm a freak (which is even difficult writing this post!), and instead be consumed only by honoring Him and being totally sold out for the sake of the cross.

6. To rely solely on His strength and His amazing grace to accomplish any of this.

"If traces of Christ's love-artistry be upon me, may He work on with His divine brush until the complete image be obtained and I be made a perfect copy of Him, my master." - The Love of Jesus, The Valley of Vision
To God be the glory, great things He has done.

Now for the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment