Monday, February 26, 2018

Wow

Where do I start! Gary had the flu this past weekend and needed to find someone to speak for him on Sunday. He asked Jessica and of course she said yes. That alone is amazing to me because I never would have thought Jessica would be very comfortable speaking in front of the entire church. She speaks to our youth every week but that is an entirely different setting. She has been our youth pastor I guess about 13 years now. She does an incredible job with them and truly loves all the kids that pass through her youth group. Jess is actually a rather quiet person BUT once when she was in elementary school I did get a note from her teacher stating that she was talking too much in class. Jessica?! Her Papa just couldn't believe that but if you have ever taken a trip with her, you'll soon find out she just can't be quiet. She is either telling a very long story or just singing. So naturally when she was a teenager she became one of the worship team singers in her youth group. Then there came a time when she felt God's calling on her life to not sing anymore but to speak to youth which she has been doing ever since. Jessica has spoken a couple of times in the Sunday morning service but yesterday was incredible. She is one of those few people that you know without doubt that Jesus is the most important person in her life and she loves Him with everything she has. If you ever want to see what a true Christian looks like and lives like, just look at her. I know Jess wouldn't want me saying this and NO she is not perfect at all. If you are reading this and get the chance to hear her from yesterday's service, do it. It was so annointed. You can hear her at Victory Church, then go to the videos. I am proud of all of my children, they are all amazing. But right now I am very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment