Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Granny Yates went home yesterday. She was 97. We are all going to miss her so much but I am thankful for her homegoing. I can just see the reunion that went on yesterday and probably is still going on between her and my mother, Granny's son and her parents. My goodness what celebration is happening. Granny has been such an important part of my life for just forever. It's hard to believe she won't be around any longer even though she has been "gone" in her mind for a long time now. She was always there when us kids were growing up, picking up our rooms, helping Mother with the house work or laundry. She worked at the plant for years opening up early in the morning and working all day long. Sometimes it would be so incredibly hot at the plant where she worked hooking lures, but she always loved being around all the women who worked there. When Jenny and Lana were babys, she would take care of them at the office while Karen and I worked. She pushed them around in a grocery basket when they were big enought to sit up. Granny worked there 40+ hours a week until she was 80 years old. She wouldn't have stopped then if they hadn't laid her off. She loved being around people. She loved caring for her family especially her babies. I think that is why the last couple of years she constantly had her "babies" with her and cared for them so much. If you went into her room and she was asleep, her babies would be right there with her taking up most of the bed. They would be laying there on her arm just like I remember we used to do when we were little. That was one of the most comforting things that I remember as a kid was sleeping next to Granny on her arm in that small bedroom at Ma Sims' house. Granny, I love you and will miss you so much but I will see you again. Have fun at your reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment