Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I can't believe another Thanksgiving is here. How do the days pass so very quickly. I got to do something different this year although long ago this was something we did every year. I got to have Thanksgiving dinner early with a part of my family that I don't see often. Karen and I went to "Ma Sims'" house to have lunch with Aunt Edith, Aunt Nan, Edie, Kay, Cassandra, Aunt Addie and various other family members. This is a part of my mother's family that we don't see much of but love enormously. Being there brought back tons of wonderful memories of many, many weekends spent there while growing up. These are aunts, uncles, cousins we literally grew up with but that my kids don't even know. I am going to change that this next year hopefully. I am going to try very hard to take my kids down there to Steve, Arkansas to meet this family and see where I spent lots of time. They may not be very interested but hopefully someday they will be. Family is so important. And much like my little grandson Noah, I can't seem to get enough of lately. This will probably be our last Thanksgiving with Granny as she seems to be going down pretty fast right now and I will miss her but she deserves to go on the be with Mother and other family members that have gone on before us. I hope everyone has as wonderful a Thanksgiving tomorrow as I know I am going to have. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment