Friday, November 14, 2008

Blogging. Hum. What a crazy, nice thing. I love reading different blogs and there are tons out there. Lots of good recipes on the food blogs. I have found some blogs of people I don't know but pray for because they are going through very trying circumstances in their lives. It's a great way to keep up with family and friends. I have listed some of my favorites over on the side of this. Whoever invented blogging must have been a mom wanting to keep up with her kids. This is kind of like a public diary so you do have to be careful of what you write because unlike my blog most of them get read by lots of people.

Last night at our women's bible study which is called Circle of Blessings, Pam, our leader, spoke on something very interesting. Something I have never thought of before. She taught on Psalm 23 but in an entirely different manner. Most usually this is brought up in funerals but she applied this to our everyday lives in this scary world of ours. This chapter is very comforting in the way she taught it. "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" We have the assurance that even though in this world there is much evil or death, we don't fear it because "Thou art with me" God even tells us that he is our Shepard and we shall not want. With all of the economy falling apart around us, we, his children, shall not be wanting. He will take care of us. There was much more that with my aging memory I just can't remember but I will be getting a cd of it. It was just very good and comforting. The main idea I received from this teaching last night was not to fear, God will take care of his children no matter what is going on around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment