Friday, April 24, 2009

My sister, Karen, and I thought we would be brave and make some cake pops for Easter lunch. We started out pretty good, even had multiple colors of candy melts and other things to decorate with. I wanted to make the little yellow chicks I had seen on Bakerella's blog. She makes all of the cake pops look so easy. Time consuming but easy. NOT! I gave up on the little chicks and we strictly made "Easter Eggs." Or at least that is what they are supposed to be. It took us over 5 HOURS to make these. We probably made 150 or more. It will be a long, long time before I try this again and this wasn't my first time to make them. We couldn't get the candy melts to melt right and ended up having to go get some candy wax to thin. That helped a lot but...whew! Just glad that is over.




















Papa had to give Noah a taste of the melted candy melts. OOOoooo he really liked that. Noah has the same sweet tooth as his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment